Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day Off


Thanks for the guest post by Jonathan Curtis

I logged onto my e-mail account this morning using my clear internet Modesto connection. I had decided the night before that I was just too stressed and needed to take a personal day from work. I have been working six days a week for the last six months. 

I am salaried so I am not getting overtime. I literally am just overwhelmed. I thought about lying to my boss and just saying that I was really sick and couldn’t make it in. Then, I started to worry about a lot of different things like what if my boss saw me at the grocery store and what if my coworkers caught me on gchat. 

Anyway, lying to my boss would have caused me so much anxiety that staying at home definitely wouldn’t have been worth it. I had decided that if she said that I needed to come in after I explained I needed a day off that I would, but if she said “ok”, I would be off the hook. 

Ten minutes after I e-mailed her, I got a really kind response thanking me for all my hard work and saying that she was happy to give me the day off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...