Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Enjoying the simple art of pumpkin carving


*Message from our sponsors

Guest post written by Rachel Smart

Fall is by far my favorite season. I love all the layering that goes on when it comes to fashion, plus the weather is nice and the changing leaves are downright beautiful. But, I love taking part in the fun seasonal and Halloween activities too. I'm really into interior design and decorating, so I go all out with the holiday decorations. There is one essential element in that which I never forget though, the jack o lanterns.

I like to get a little more creative with that though, so I look online with my wireless internet Seattle for a bit of pumpkin carving inspiration. Sometimes I'll carve some pop culture-related pumpkins and then other times I'll just carve some really ghoulish looking ones.

This year I decided to carve some really goofy looking ghouls. I didn't want it them to look too scary to trick or treaters that will be walking up to my doorstep. But I also want to keep in spirit with Halloween and channel some of that spookiness. I think that my jack o lanterns meet right in the middle perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...